Entries are open to amateur golfers with USGA Handicap Indexes™ of 5.0 and less, and seniors with Handicap Indexes of 10.0 or less and are members in good standing of an OGA Member Club. Entries will be accepted according to the lowest USGA Handicap Indexes™ as of the entry deadline.
- Open Division will be limited to 78 qualified entrants. All Contestants must be at least 13 years of age as of August 4, 2017
- Master 40 Division will be limited to 39 qualified entrants. All Contestants must be at least 40 years of age or older as of August 4, 2017
- Senior Division will be limited to 39 qualified entrants. All Contestants must be at least 50 years of age or older as of August 4, 2017
54-hole stroke play competition with a cut to the low half of the field and ties in each division after two rounds of play. The Master 40 Division will compete from the same set of tees as the Open Division and will have the opportunity to win the Open Division title.
$185.00 entry fee must accompany your entry and will include:
- 4 rounds of golf - One practice round and three competitive rounds if cut is made
- Merchandise certificates will be awarded to top gross finishers in all divisions
- THERE ARE NO NET PRIZES IN EITHER DIVISION
- Special awards from Jones Sports Co. will be awarded to the Gross Champions in each division
Refunds are not available after the closing deadline of July 19th, except for documented medical reasons. All refunds are subject to a $20.00 administrative fee.
Entries will be accepted according to the date of receipt of entry and entry fee. Entries must reach the OGA office by 5pm on July 19th. Entries by telephone, fax, or email must accompany payment and must be received by 5pm of the deadline. Online entries are accepted until midnight. Late entries will be accepted and placed on an alternate's list to fill spots if they become available up until a time that the OGA Staff establishes. Late entries will not be accepted unless they are accompanied by the correct entry fee, plus an additional fee of $25. Contestants must contact the OGA in order to submit a late entry.
A place in the field will be reserved for the following. Exempt players must meet the eligibility and Handicap Index™ requirements and must file an entry by the deadline.
Past 5 Men's Stroke Play Champions
Past 5 Senior Men's Stroke Play Champions
2016 Oregon Men’s Stroke Play Master 40 Division Champion, Jim Dunlap
2016 Oregon Men's Stroke Play Top 10 finishers
2016 Oregon Senior Men's Stroke Play Top 10 finishers
2016 Hudson Cup and Senior Hudson Cup Team Members
the following champions:
OGA Tournament of Champions: Jack Dukeminier (2016), Riley Elmes (2015)
Oregon Mid-Amateur: Philip Bagdade (2016), Justin Kadin (2015)
Oregon Public Links: Calvin Green (2016), Hogan Arey (2015)
Oregon Junior Amateur: Spencer Tibbits (2016), Bryce Wortman (2015)
Oregon Men’s Stroke Play: Kevin Geniza (2016), Sulman Raza (2015)
Oregon Senior Amateur: Pat O'Donnell (2016, 2015)
Practice Round Details
Practice round details will become available when determined by the OGA Championship Department & the golf course.
Points for the 2017 Men's Stroke Play will count for the following team competitions: the 2017 Hudson Cup Team, 2017 Senior Hudson Cup Team, the 2017 PNGA Cup Team, the 2018 Morse Cup Team and half points for the 2018 USGA Men's State Team. All points awarded from the men’s performance points schedule will count towards senior men’s points.